- At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, St. John Mason was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Aghadoe, barony of Magunihy. He also held property in the parish of Annagh, barony of Trughanacmy. Bary states that he was the last of the Masons to live there and that his lands later came into the possession of Madam O’Donohoe and the McGillycuddys. In August 1860, the estate of James West was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. This consisted of lands originally part of the Mason-Emmett marriage settlement which had subsequently come into the hands of the Cronin and McGillycuddy estates. In the 1870s Oliver Mason was the proprietor of over 850 acres in county Kerry. This included lands in the parishes of Killahan and Killury. Some genealogists suggest that there is a connection between this family and the Mason families in Waterford and at Masonbrook, Loughrea, county Galway.