- In the 1830s the Ordnance Survey Name Books mention Denis McCarty as the proprietor of townlands in the parish of Aghadoe. Daniel McCarthy was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Aghadoe, barony of Magunihy, at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. In the 1870s the estate amounted to over 2000 acres in Kerry.
- The McCartie family were living in the Cullen locality of north county Cork in the late 18th century. Family members resided at various houses in the 19th century including Church Hill, Ardnageeha and Derragh. In the mid 19th century Denis McCartie held an estate in the parishes of Clonfert, Kilmeen and Cullen, barony of Duhallow, county Cork. In June 1863 the estate of Denis McCarthy at Ummeraboy East and West, 1,080 acres in the barony of Duhallow, was advertised for sale. Richard McCartie of Australia owned 768 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. This family was closely connected to the McCarthy/McCarties of Headfort, county Kerry. Hajba writes that Charles McCartie of Church Hill inherited the Headfort estate and that his son Denis McCartie went to live there in 1826. They also intermarried with the O'Connells of Derrynane.
Charles McCarthy held land in the parish of Kilmeen, barony of Duhallow and Grenagh, barony of Barretts in the mid 19th century. In the 1870s Denis McCarthy of Leeson Park, Dublin and Rathroe, Millstreet, county Cork, owned 2,175 acres in county Cork.