- A branch of the Russell family held land in the parish of Kilfergus, barony of Shanid, county Limerick, in the mid 19th century. Philip William Russell is recorded in both the Ordnance Survey Field Name Books and Griffith's Valuation. His agent was Patrick Hallanon of Glin. He held the property by lease under the Courts. His estate in the barony of Shanid amounting to nearly 3,000 acres was advertised for sale by his assignee Francis Begley in August 1850. Some of it was in the possession of the Reverend Thomas Williamson Peile by the early 1860s. His first cousin John Norris Russell founded the firm of J.N. Russell and Sons, Limerick. The fee simple of the firm's extensive mills at Plassey was advertised for sale in 1868 by the Maunsell family. J.N. Russell died in 1859. He leased Woodbine Cottage, parish of Kilfarboy, barony of Ibrickan, from Burdett Morony. His great granddaughter Elizabeth Russell married Thomas Wise Browning of Carass Court, county Limerick and later took over Woodbine Cottage. In the 1870s John Norris Russell (grandson of J.N. Russell) of Plassy, John Russell of Glenview, Ballyneety and Patrick Russell of Mount Russell, Charleville owned 700, 731 and 1,241 acres respectively in county Limerick.
- W.T. Piele of St John's Wood Park, Hampstead, is recorded as owning 1,669 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. The Reverend Thomas Williamson Peile (1806-1882), Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge and Head Master of Repton School (1841-1854), bought part of the Russell estate in the parish of Kilfergus, barony of Shanid, county Limerick. This estate was advertised for sale in 1850 by the representative of Philip Russell. In 1906 the Reverend Thomas W. Peile is recorded as holding over 3 acres of untenanted land at Tullyleague in the parish of Kilfergus.