- Cloonbarry was the seat of the Robinson family who owned land in Kilmacteige and Achonry parishes. The house may have been rented to the Knox family during this time. In June 1864 Roger Dodwell Robinson offered for sale the rental of the lands of Gelenwoo, barony of Leyny in the Landed Estates Court. In July 1866 he offered for sale the lands and house at Cloonbarry. The estate was later bought by the McCarrick family.
- The Robinson family acted as agents for many of the landed estates in Sligo throughout the second half of the 19th and earlier 20th century.