- Hugh Robert Henry, a younger son of Hugh Henry of Lodge Park, Straffan, county Kildare was the first member of the Henry family to reside at Toghermore in the parish of Killererin, barony of Clare, county Galway, in the early 19th century. In 1790 the Henrys had purchased Toghermore from the bankrupt Deane family. The estate of the Henrys of Toghermore was mainly in the parish of Killererin, while the Lodge Park branch of the family owned townlands in the parishes of Athenry and Lackagh. Hugh Robert Henry had four sons, the eldest, Hugh, settled at Firmount, county Kildare, Robert lived at Toghermore, the Reverend Joseph was a clergyman and missionary. He collected a library of books now housed at the Hardiman Library at NUI,Galway and James was a merchant in Peru. In the 1870s the Henrys of Firmount owned over 6,000 acres and the Henrys of Lodge Park over 1,000 acres in county Galway. Robert Henry of Toghermore also owned 412 acres in county Limerick. By March 1916 a final offer of £6,000 had been received by the Henrys of Lodge Park for their Galway acreage from the Congested Districts' Board. Cecil Henry, a younger son of Robert Henry of Toghermore, bought Crumlin House in the parish of Abbeyknockmoy from a branch of the Blakes of Ardfry in the early 1880s. Bateman mentions over 900 acres which the Lodge Park branch of the family held on perpetual lease in county Mayo in the 1880s. Over 600 acres belonging to Cecil R. Henry were vested in the Congested Districts' Board in April 1914. Toghermore was inherited by Robert Burke of the Ballydugan family, a grandson of Robert Henry, who set up a co-operative in the late 1920s. He left Tuam in the early 1950s and gave Toghermore to the State and it was used as a recovering unit for tuberculosis patients.