- Hugh Robert Henry, a younger son of Hugh Henry of Lodge Park, Straffan, county Kildare was the first member of the Henry family to reside at Toghermore in the parish of Killererin, barony of Clare, county Galway, in the early 19th century. In 1790 the Henrys had purchased Toghermore from the bankrupt Deane family. The estate of the Henrys of Toghermore was mainly in the parish of Killererin, while the Lodge Park branch of the family owned townlands in the parishes of Athenry and Lackagh. Hugh Robert Henry had four sons, the eldest, Hugh, settled at Firmount, county Kildare, Robert lived at Toghermore, the Reverend Joseph was a clergyman and missionary. He collected a library of books now housed at the Hardiman Library at NUI,Galway and James was a merchant in Peru. In the 1870s the Henrys of Firmount owned over 6,000 acres and the Henrys of Lodge Park over 1,000 acres in county Galway. Robert Henry of Toghermore also owned 412 acres in county Limerick. By March 1916 a final offer of £6,000 had been received by the Henrys of Lodge Park for their Galway acreage from the Congested Districts' Board. Cecil Henry, a younger son of Robert Henry of Toghermore, bought Crumlin House in the parish of Abbeyknockmoy from a branch of the Blakes of Ardfry in the early 1880s. Bateman mentions over 900 acres which the Lodge Park branch of the family held on perpetual lease in county Mayo in the 1880s. Over 600 acres belonging to Cecil R. Henry were vested in the Congested Districts' Board in April 1914. Toghermore was inherited by Robert Burke of the Ballydugan family, a grandson of Robert Henry, who set up a co-operative in the late 1920s. He left Tuam in the early 1950s and gave Toghermore to the State and it was used as a recovering unit for tuberculosis patients.
- Burke's Landed Gentry of Ireland indicates that Michael Burke of Ballintober, county Roscommon purchased the Ballydugan property from the Lynch family around 1726. The OS Name Books record Thomas Burke of Ballydugan as a proprietor in the parish of Ardrahan in the 1830s. William Burke purchased the former Kelly estate at Lisduff, parish of Tynagh, barony of Longford, from the 2nd Marquess of Sligo in the late 1820s. The Ballydugan estate remained in the Burke family until divided in the early 20th century though some of the demesne lands are still owned by the family. William Burke, son of the Reverend John Burke, Vicar of Kilcolgan, was agent to the Guinness family of Ashford Castle and his son William Creaghe Burke lived at Cloonee.
- In 1752 Peter Browne of Westport (1730-1780) married Elizabeth Kelly, only child of Denis Kelly, Chief Justice of Jamaica, from whom the Brownes inherited the Lisduff estate, parish of Tynagh, barony of Longford, Co Galway and sugar plantations in Jamaica. The Westport Estate Papers include a variety of papers dated 1723-1758 about property belonging to Denis Kelly in Jamaica and at Lisduff, Co Galway, acquired from his brother Edmond Kelly and also early 19th century rentals of the Lisduff estate. The estate was enlarged by Denis Kelly’s purchase of the lands of Drimatubber [Drumatober] and Garrancarf from the Countess of Kildare and others in 1749 and of the lands of Cormickoge from John Burke in 1750. Some of the earliest title deeds relate to the Hogan lands of Ballagh or Levallagh, barony of Longford, which were conveyed to Denis Kelly by John Prendergast on 19 Aug 1752. The 2nd Marquess of Sligo sold the estate to William Burke of Ballydugan, near Loughrea, Co Galway, in the late 1820s, after an exchange with Lord Clanricarde of a small part of the estate for some islands off the west coast, including Inishboffin. John William Browne, solicitor, of Dublin and Mount Kelly was agent for the Marquess's Galway estate in the early 19th century.