Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
James Ormsby was occupying this property at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £6. McTernan states that the house was built by Thomas Ormsby at the end of the eighteenth century. In 1906, the house at Farranmacfarrell was owned by Alexander Cuffe and was valued at £7. The house is still extant but appears to be unoccupied.
|Farrenmacfarrell||Kilmacshalgan||Dromore West||Dromore 18||Tireragh||Sligo||
G429315 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #18.
Cuffe House or Camcuil
Camcuill townland was part of Peter Niddrie's estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The house with highest value was that of Edward Larrinan, leasing a property valued at £3 from Peter Niddrie. McTernan states that the house had originally belonged to the Brownes and later the Jones family of Fortland. In 1874 the sale notice referring to the Niddrie estate mentions Camcuill as "a comfortable dwelling house with extensive offices, recently erected". In 1906 a house in this townland is recorded as the property of the representatives of Grace Niddrie.
|Camcuill||Kilmacshalgan||Dromore West||Buncorwey 17||Tireragh||Sligo||
G397324 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #11.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links