Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Henry Hodgson owned the townland of Currarevagh and occupied the house there, then valued at £5. The existing house was built in the mid 19th century and is still owned by the Hodgson family who run it as a guest house.
M100 471 Discovery map #45. OS Sheet #40.
A house on the outskirts of Galway, built by Charles Blake in the first decade of the 19th century. Bought by Henry Hodgson in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1852. It was held in fee by him at the time of Griffith's Valuation and valued at £65. Merlin Park was purchased by the Waithman family in 1876 and in their ownership until 1945. Thereafter it was compulsorily acquired for the building of a TB sanitorium. The house no longer exists and Merlin Park Hospital now occupies the site.
|Merlinpark||Oranmore||Galway||Galway Rural 41||Galway||Galway||
M339 256 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #94.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links