Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
According to the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage Aghacashel House was built c. 1800. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by Charles Rolleston and was valued at £14. In 1837 Lewis records it as a Johnston residence. In 1814 it was the home of Joseph Johnston. By 1906 it was still valued at £14 and was the property of Thomas Guckian. It is still extant.
H042138 Discovery map #26. OS Sheet #24.
In 1786 Wilson refers to "Land's-town" as the seat of Mr. Rolleston. The home of W. Parker in 1814 and of Mrs Parker in 1837. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to "Landstown, a good dwelling house, the residence of William Parker". He was also the occupant in the mid 19th century when the house was valued at £55+ and held in fee. John Parker of Brookfield and Landsdown married Helena, daughter of George Washington Biggs of Bellevue. The Parkers were still resident in the 1870s. Bassett's Directory of 1889 refers to Charles E. Tuthill of Landsdown. In the 20th century the home of the White Spunner family. This house, built in 1779, was for sale in 1991 (see ''Country Life'' Volume 185). It is still extant.
|Landsdown||Castletownarra||Nenagh||Castletown 99||Owney and Arra||Tipperary||
R748 811 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #19.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links