Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Associated with the Lindsey family in the 17th century it was leased to the Knoxes by James O'Hara, Lord Tyrawley, for 999 years in 1741. The Knoxes built a private residence on to the east end of the friary. At various time the Jones, Palmer and Kirkwood families leased parts of Moyne. Thomas Jones sold his interest in the Landed Estates' Court in 1867. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record that Peter Nolan, agent to Sir William Palmer, lived in a neat cottage in the east of the townland. This may be the property labelled Moyne House on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s (G228287), the remains of which are still extant.
|Abbeylands and Moyne||Killala||Killala||Killala 100||Tirawley||Mayo||
G232 288 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #22.
Turin Castle has recently been renovated. The house no longer exists but some of the farm buildings are still visible. In the 1770s Kirwan esq occupied Turin Castle and in 1814 Arthur Browne was recorded as resident there. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey Samuel Lindsey Bucknall was living in Turin House and it was occupied by the Rutherfords in the 1850s.
M276 578 Discovery map #38. OS Sheet #122.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links