Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Alex Popham was leasing a house valued at £17 to Andrew Irwin at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Writing in 1786 Wilson refers to Ballymore as the seat of Pooley Shuldham, who may have been connected with the Longford family of that name. In 1814 Ballymore was the seat of Edward Elwood. In 1837 Lewis recorded it as the seat of Rev. J. Elwood. It is described as " a mansion in the possession of the late Rev. Elwood's family" at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. A house is still extant at Ballymore.
|Ballymore East or Corbally||Boyle||Boyle||Rushfield 37||Boyle||Roscommon||
M787990 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #9, 10.
Knockadoo was the home of the Knott family in the mid 18th century. Robert Knott was resident there in 1749. Robert Elwood was leasing a house at Knockadoo from Viscount Lorton at the time of Griffith's Valuation. it was valued at £24. In the 1870s it is recorded as the address of Joseph Bennett Little. Earlier, at the time of the first Ordnance Survey it is described as "a fine mansion resided in by Owen Lloyd". A farm is still extant at the site.
G764004 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #5.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links