Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
It is likely that Thomas Jones built a house at Streedagh c 1725. However, the present house dates from the early years of the nineteenth century. In 1906 it was the property of Richard W. Jones and was valued at £18. It is still extant and occupied.
|Streedagh||Ahamlish||Sligo||Lissadill North 38||Carbury||Sligo||
G634498 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #5.
Mount Edward Cottage
Both the Ordnance Survey Field Name Books and Griffith's Valuation record a property at Mount Edward as belonging to Capt. James Jones. It had a valuation of £2 in the 1850s. This would appear to be the property named as Mount Edward Cottage on the 1st edition OS map. McTernan states that it was occupied by the Hood family from the mid-nineteenth century until the 1980s. It is now in a dilapidated state.
|Drangan or Mount Edward||Ahamlish||Sligo||Lissadill North||Carbury||Sligo||
G629476 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #5.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links