Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A Parker residence in the early part of the 19th century. In 1841 the Ordnance Survey Name Books referred to it as "a splendid demesne and fine mansion house, the residence of Mr. Parker". By the time of Griffith's Valuation Fort William was occupied by Miss Crawford who held the property from Messrs Egan. The buildings were valued at £18.15 shillings. The Egan sale rental of 1854 gives details of the original lease which was from Charles Egan to John Greene in 1769 for three lives renewable for ever. The last renewal was dated 1803 from John Egan to William Crawford. This house is still in use.
|Corrowle||Modreeny||Borrisokane||Ballylusky 13||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R935 884 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #10.
In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Ballinderry House as "a good house in a demesne with some trees". James Demspter was noted as the proprietor at the time. By the time of Griffith's Valuation it appears to be the mill manager's house, occupied by William Egan and held from Timothy Hogan, part of a building complex valued at £97, known as Santa Cruise Mills. Now in use as a private residence.
|Newlawn||Terryglass||Borrisokane||Terryglass 19||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R850 971 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #6.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links