Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Duckspool or Clashnalachan
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, George Boate was leasing Duckspool to P.C. Howley, when it was valued at £29. Lewis refers to it as the seat of J.M. Galwey in 1837. In 1786 Wilson notes it as the seat of Mr. Boate. On the 25-inch map of the 1890s it is labelled Clashnalachan. In 1906 it was the property of Charles Nugent Humble and valued at £11. A house is still extant at the site.
|Duckspool||Dungarvan||Dungarvan||Dungarvan Rural 20||Decies without Drum||Waterford||
X278943 Discovery map #82. OS Sheet #31.
This property was held in fee by John Nugent Humble in 1851 when it was valued at £39. Lewis refers to it as the seat of Lady Nugent Humble in 1837 and notes it was "beautifully situated amid thriving plantations". It was "belonging to the Nugents" according to Charles Smith in 1774. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to "Clonkosheron, the seat of the late Mr. Shanahan,but now in ruins" which may refer to an earlier house in the locality. In the 1940s the ITA survey noted Cloncoskraine was in the ownership of Miss Nugent, a descendent of the family. The house is still extant and occupied.
|Knockahavaun||Dungarvan||Dungarvan||Clonea 18||Decies without Drum||Waterford||
X288961 Discovery map #82. OS Sheet #31.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links