Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The Lamphiers were resident at Parkstown from at least the 1770s. In 1786 Wilson refers to Parkes-town as the seat of "Mr. Lanphier". Henry Langley lived at Parkstown in 1814 and John P. Lamphier was resident in 1837 and in the early 1850s. Lamphier held the property from the Court of Chancery and the buildings were valued at £23+. John P. Lanphier was the occupant at the time of sale in 1852. This building is still a fine residence.
S157 517 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #47.
In 1906 John H. Lanphier held buildings valued at £18+ in the townland of Blackcommon part of the village of Commons, probably Slievardagh House. This house is not marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map.
S307 527 Discovery map #67. OS Sheet #49.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links