Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of the first Ordnance Survey Glenmore was occupied by the Rev St George Knox, curate of Crossmolina, as the Ormes were living in Dublin. Glenmore became the property of Godfrey Fetherstonhaugh after the 1853 sale. His mother was an Orme of Abbeytown. Well maintained and owned by a French family who advertised the sale of the house in September 2006.
|Attishane||Crossmolina||Ballina||Crossmolina North 16||Tirawley||Mayo||
G107 224 Discovery map #23. OS Sheet #29.
The original historical abbey buildings in this townland are described as 'in ruins' at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. It was formerly the residence of a Mr Crofton but was then occupied by a caretaker for the Orme family. Abbeytown House is shown a litte to the north on the later 25-inch map of the 1890s. The property was bought by Anthony Carolan of Crossmolina at the sale in 1852 and the house was later lived in by the parish priest. Abbeytown is still extant and occupied.
|Abbeytown||Crossmolina||Ballina||Crossmolina North 16||Tirawley||Mayo||
G138 184 Discovery map #23. OS Sheet #29.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links