Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1851 John Cuthbert Kearney held this property in fee when it was valued at £80. In the 1870s this house was the home of Abram T. Forster. The Forsters and the Cuthbert Kearneys were related. By the early 20th century Garrettstown had passed into the possession of the Franks family throught the marriage of Thomas Franks of Dromrahane, Mallow and Mary Anne Cuthbert Kearney in 1834. Though the main house is ruinous the site is now the focus of Garrettstown Holiday Park, see www.garrettstownhouse.com.
W588446 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #124, 137.
William Abbot was resident at Ballymaloe in 1814. It was described by Lewis in 1837 as a "very curious old house, built by the Fitzgeralds and forfeited in the war of 1641, it is now the property of Mr Forster" . By the early 1850s John Litchfield [Lichfield] was resident holding the house valued at £48 from Mountifort Longfield. It was the seat of William Lichfield in 1894. It is now the home of the Allen family who run it as a guest house with adjacent shop. Their renowned cookery school is nearby. see http://www.ballymaloe.ie/
|Ballymaloe More||Kilmahon||Middleton||Ightermurragh 262||Imokilly||Cork||
W948 680 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #89.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links