The Burton family of Burton Hall, county Carlow held land in the barony of Tirerrill, county Sligo. Samuel Burton of Burton Hall was Member of Parliament for the county in 1713. The head of the family in 1835 was William FitzWilliam Burton. In the 1860s property held by the Ramsay estate in the town of Sligo and the barony of Carbury was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The particulars indicate that the original lease was between Cornet Francis Burton, of Burton Hall, and Laurence Vernon.
National Archives of Ireland:
Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Ramsay, 11 November 1862, Vol 66, MRGS 39/033, (microfilm copy in NUIG)