Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Wilson refers to Grenan's-town as the seat of Mr. Dalton in 1786. In 1837 Lewis describes Grenanstown as the seat of Count D'Alton. The Ordnance Survey Name Books note that James Williams was leasing Grenanstown but that it was occasionally the residence of Count D'Alton. At the time of Griffith's Valuation James Williams occupied Grenanstown. He held the property from Count D'Alton and the buildings were valued at £19.11 shillings. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage states that Richard Dalton Williams (1822-1862), poet and Young Irelander, lived here as a child. This house was later the property of Henry Eustace, a member of the Robertstown, county Kildare family. It is now a ruin.
|Grenanstown||Ballymackey||Nenagh||Kilkeary 110||Upper Ormond||Tipperary||
R943 760 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #21.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Leslie O'Callaghan was leasing this property from Eustace estate when it had a valuation of £8. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association survey noted that the ruins of what had been a Nagle property were still visible to the rear of Rockvale. The Survey also recorded that Leslie O'Callaghan, who "had lived there about 100 years ago" had been killed in Cork and that the property had come into the ownership of the Annesley estate. It was later sold to the Patterson family and the house is still extant.
R684043 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #26.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links