Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Grice Richard Smyth held buildings valued at £25 in the townland of Bishop's Island at the time of Griffith's Valuation. ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' refers to his father Henry Mitchell Smyth of Bishop's Island. In 1786 Wilson notes Bishop's Island as the seat of Mr. Mitchell.
|Bishop's Island||Ardnageehy||Fermoy||Watergrasshill 151||Barrymore||Cork||
W751 837 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #53.
This house was the home of Mitchell Esq in the 1770s and 1780s. Occupied by Brooke Brazier in 1814 and by his son Henry B. Mitchell in the early 1850s. Henry B. Mitchell owned the property in fee and the buildings were valued at £52+. Slater noted it as the residence of R.L. Fell in 1894, now demolished.
W754 828 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #53.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links