Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house was the home of the descendants of John Colthurst and his wife Jane Bowen from the late 18th to the early 20th century. It is still extant though it was damaged by fire in June 1920. The Irish Tourist Association survey in the early 1940s recounts the boycotting of the family following the Sheehy-Skeffington murder in 1916 and their subsequent departure to live in England. In the early 1940s it was the property of John O'Shaughnessy who also owned Dripsey Woollen Mills. In 2014 it was offered for sale.
|Carrignamuck||Magourney||Macroom||Magourney 217||East Muskerry||Cork||
W481 752 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #72.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation this property was occupied by Alfred Greer, leasing from Sir William Magny. The house was valued at £26 while the adjacent paper mills had a valuation of £120. It is named as Dripsey House on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s. The house is no longer extant.
W505736 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #72.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links