Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
''Burke's Irish Family Records'' suggests that this was originally an Atkins property which came into the possession of the Lysaghts through marriage. Hajba writes that William Lysaght built the house following his marriage in 1819 to Frances Atkins. Colonel Grove White's notes state that it was built before the marriage. In 1837 it was occupied by William Lysaght and in the early 1850s by Carbery B. Egan who held the property from William H. Lysaght. The buildings were valued at £21. This house remained in Lysaght posssession throughout the 20th century having been sold in 1913 by William Lysaght to his first cousin, Sidney Royse Lysaght. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that it was famous for its plant nurseries.
R555 045 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #25.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links