Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A home of members of the Wrixon family in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Occupied by William Wrixon, father of Sir William Wrixon Becher, in 1837. It was leased to Thomas Heffernan from the 1840s. Valued at £9 in the early 1850s it was later occupied by members of the clergy including the Reverend E.G. Jones, whose widow bought the house in the early 20th century. It was burnt in June 1921 during the War of Independence when it was the residence of the sisters, Esther Jane and Annie Jones. A house, however, still exists at the site.
R483 023 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #24.
This house was the home of James Carey in 1814. Occupied by James Heffernan and held from Sir Edward Tierney at the time of Griffith's Valuation, valued at £18. Sold by the Heffernans in the early 20th century, this house is still extant. The Irish Tourist Association survey mentions Dunbarry as the residence of Denis Kiely in the 1940s.
|Dunbarry||Bregoge||Mallow||Churchtown 238||Orrery and Kilmore||Cork||
R504 102 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #16.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links