Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the Greene family for most of the 18th century. In 1786 Wilson refers to "Abbey" as the seat of Mr. Greene. Subsequent tenants were the Hodges and the Morgans. The Ordnance Field Name Books state that part of the building was very ancient and that a new front had been built in 1805. George Morgan was resident in 1814, William Morgan in 1837 and in the early 1850s, when he held the property from the Earl of Cork. Old Abbey passed to Willliam's daughter, Mrs Wardell, and stayed in the possession of the Wardell family into the 20th century. It is no longer extant.
R279 473 Discovery map #64. OS Sheet #19.
Ballyrickard may possibly be the house known as Lettyville on the Taylor and Skinner map from the 1770s. Leet records Daniel Falkener as resident at Ballyrickard in 1814 and Lewis records N. Falkiner as the proprietor. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Ballyrickard as "a commodious house", the residence of Nathaniel Falkiner. In the early 1850s Addison Hone was the occupier holding the property from Richard H. Falkiner. The buildings were valued at £15. This 18th century house is still extant and occupied.
|Ballyrickard North||Ardcrony||Borrisokane||Mertonhall 15||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R920 905 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #10.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links