Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Held in fee by Richard Smyth at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings, including a mill, were valued at over £100. Lewis also refers to it as the seat of R. Smyth in 1837 when he describes it as "finely situated in a much improved demesne". In 1814 it was the residence of Grice Smyth who Brady cites as the builder. Charles Smith notes an earlier residence as the seat of Richard Smith. In 1943 the ITA survey referred to is as the seat of Captain Holroyd Smyth. Ballynatray is still extant and the focus of an 850-acres estate, with notable gardens. See www.ballynatray.com for details.
|Ballynatray Demesne||Templemichael||Youghal||Templemichael 102||Coshmore & Coshbride||Waterford||
X080832 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #37.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links