Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Mr Patrick Bourke was resident at Annaholty, Castleconnel, in 1814. In 1841 the Ordnance Survey Name Books describe Annaholty as "a good farmhouse in a demesne with some scattered trees". James Dundon was the occupier in the early 1850s. He held the property from Charles J. Henry and the buildings were valued at £13.11 shillings. A farm residence is still located at this site.
|Annaholty||Kilcomenty||Nenagh||Kilcomenty 93||Owney and Arra||Tipperary||
R695 644 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #31.
Fort Henry, overlooking the Shannon River, was the residence of Stephen Hastings in 1814 and of Finch White in 1837. Earlier, in 1786, Wilson had also noted it as a Hastings residence. At the time of Griffiths Valuation, Finch White held the house from Stephen H. Atkins. It was valued at £28.15s. Finch White was related to the Atkins through marriage with a member of the Gelston family. In 1906 this house was in the possession of Frederick C.Henry. In 1840, however, the Ordnance Survey Name Books had also noted that J.J. Henry was the proprietor. It is still extant. In 2018 it was offered for sale.
|Garrynatineel||Templeachally||Nenagh||Ballina 97||Owney and Arra||Tipperary||
R705 703 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #25.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links