Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis records that Dr. Taylor was occupying a property adjacent to the ruined castle at Dunkerron in 1837. In 1814, Leet refers to Dunkerrin Castle as the seat of George Cashell. At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, Joseph Taylor was leasing a property there valued at £16 15s from Deane Freeman. Bary states that Joseph Taylor was an agent for the Landsdowne estate. The Taylor property then passed to Dr. Thomas Taylor who built Dunkerron House. In 1906 this was the property of Sir John C. Columb and valued at £22. The property is still extant but extensive housing development has taken place in the demesne.
|Dunkerron||Templenoe||Kenmare||Reen 45||Dunkerron South||Kerry||
V883704 Discovery map #78. OS Sheet #92.
In 1906 John Columb owned this property, then valued at £6 10s. There are two bathing lodges in this area at the time of Griffith's Valuation, Marino Lodge and Clashganniv. These properties seem to have been part of the Langford estate.
|Reen||Templenoe||Kenmare||Reen 45||Dunkerron South||Kerry||
V873700 Discovery map #85. OS Sheet #92.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links