Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The residence of the O'Dowds of Bunnyconnellan until the sale of their estate in 1854 when it was bought by Charles Downing and leased to Henry McLoghry. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Downing held it in fee when it was valued at £10. It is labelled Bunnyconnellan Cottage on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map but as Oatlands House on the 25-inch edition of the 1890s. This is the name by which it is still known. The Irish Tourist Association file refers to Oaklands House owned by Mr McAndrew in which some of the old O'Dowd house was probably incorporated. The house has been restored and in 2015 was offered for sale.
|Bunnyconnellan West||Kilgarven||Ballina||Kilgarven 10||Gallen||Mayo||
G329 178 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #31.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links