Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house is labelled Dove Hall on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. A larger house, named Belgarrow House, is shown at the site on the 25-inch edition of the 1890s. It was occupied by Courtney Strogen and his descendants during the 19th century, held on lease from the Evans family. Occupied by John A. Knox in 1906. Belgarrow is now a ruin.
G278 051 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #49.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Henry McCarrick was leasing a property valued at £14 in the village of Aclare (Carns townland), from the estate of William Evans. A shooting lodge is marked in this townland on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s.
G417099 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #37.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links