Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
From at least 1814 the house was occupied by the Deanes who held it from Colonel McAlpine, who held from John Knox of Castlereagh. The house was described as in good repair, with offices, orchard and garden. Daniel H. Mellet occupied the house at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It is now demolished.
M 287 949 Discovery map #31. OS Sheet #71.
Built in the 18th century, this house was the residence of Deane esq in the late 1770s and 1780s and occupied in 1814 by Thomas Browne. It was held by Edward Blake in fee in the mid 1850s when it was valued at £8. Sebastian Nolan bought it from the Blakes and lived there until the late 1880s. It is now a substantial ruin.
M496 508 Discovery map #39. OS Sheet #44.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links