Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Wilson refers to Ballybawne as the seat of Mr. Kelly in 1786. Occupied by John Kelly in 1837 and by John Mahon at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The sales rental of 1863 includes a lithograph of Ballybaun, which was described as 4 storeys high. The house was occupied by the Mahon family until 1916 when it was taken over by the Congested Districts' Board. It is no longer extant.
M755 494 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #47.
Occupied by John Mahon at the time of Griffith's Valuation and held from the Kellys. The sales rental of 1863 includes a lithograph of Thornfield which was sold privately to Christopher Bagot. It continued to be occupied by the Mahon family until 1917, when it was taken over by the Land Commission, Henry English inhabited the house until the 1950s. This house on the Galway/Roscommon border now appears to be a ruin, with a substantial garden wall still intact.
M809 530 Discovery map #40. OS Sheet #33.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links