Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Occupied by Henry esq in the 1770s and in 1786. It was the home of the Handcock family in the 19th century, sold to Captain Dick in 1897 and occupied by him in the early years of the 20th century. Bought by Major Gerald Stratford Handcock in 1928 and inherited by his niece, Mrs Voss, who sold the house to Hector McDonnell, a Galway building contractor. The house is no longer extant.
M512 602 Discovery map #39. OS Sheet #17.
Taylor and Skinner record General Gabbet as the proprietor in the 1770s. This house was occupied by J. S. Handcock in 1837 and by Maurice Studdert in the early 1850s and held from Sir John Carden. The buildings were valued at £15.10 shillings. In 1840 it was described in the Ordnance Survey Name Books as "a good dwelling house with ornamental grounds, the residence of Thomas Purvis". Later leased to the Woodwards and still in use as a residence.
|Prospect East||Cloghprior||Nenagh||Knigh 86||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R861 875 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #14.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links