Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Originally a Blake house, Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Blake in 1786. It was sold to the Jameson family in the early 1820s and occupied by J. Lynch in the late 1830s. Catherine Lynch was leasing the property at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £30. The house was burnt in 1921 and nothing remains now.
|Windfield Demesne||Moylough||Mountbellew||Cooloo 153||Tiaquin||Galway||
M574 437 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #59.
Fort William/Fort Lyster
A house on the outskirts of the village of Athleague, it was the home of N. J. French in 1837. It was valued at £20 and was occupied by Henry West who held the property from Anne Lyster in the 1850s. The house, marked as Fort William on the first Ordnance Survey map, later became known as Fort Lyster. Still valued at £20 and occupied by the representatives of William Jameson in 1906. It was the home of Aileen Cust the first woman veterinary surgeon in the British Isles in the early 20th century. Modern farm buildings occupy the site but the entrance gates remain.
|Athleague||Athleague||Roscommon||Athleague West 74||Athlone||Roscommon||
M826 575 Discovery map #40. OS Sheet #41.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links