Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Rockmore or Blakeland Lodge
. This property is named as Blakeland Lodge on the 1st edition OS Map and in the Ordnance Survey Name Books.It appears as Rockmore on the 25-inch map of the 1890s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by William Kelly and valued at £15. In 1906 it was the property of Raymond Kelly and was still valued at £15. It is still extant and has recently been renovated.
|Farranablake West||Athenry||Loughrea||Athenry 108||Athenry||Galway||
M496259 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #96.
A Blakeney property, built circa 1750.Taylor and Skinner note is as occupied by Owens esquire in 1778. In 1786, Wilson refers to it as the seat of Samuel Owens Lee. It was the residence of Richard Kelly in 1814 and held by Patrick O'Connor at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the house was valued at £36. In the 1890s it became the home of the Blake-Kellys, although Nicholas O'Conor is recorded as the occupier in the valuation lists for 1906. Still extant and restored in the early 21st century.
M701 719 Discovery map #39. OS Sheet #34.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links