Wilson refers to Kellysgrove as the seat of Mr. Kelly in 1786. In 1837 Lewis recorded Kellysgrove as the seat of W. Kelly. The house was occupied by Charles Denis Kelly at the time of the Encumbered Estates court sale in December 1850. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the house at Kellysgrove, parish of Clontuskert, valued at £20, was leased by Robert St. George from the Earl of Clancarty's estate. The original house is no longer extant.