In 1786, Wilson refers to "Clondowel" as the seat of Mr. Blake. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by Thomas Kelly and held from [his father] Bartholomew Kelly. The house was valued at £8. It is labelled Clondoyle House on both the First and 25-inch editions of the Ordnance Survey map. A house still exists at the site.