In 1777 a house at Fahy is recorded by Taylor and Skinner as the residence of the L'Estrange family. In 1786 Wilson also makes reference to this but elsewhere he mentions Faghy as the seat of Mr. Hamilton. Lewis records Fahy as the seat of T. Burke in 1837. The OS Name Books state that the gentleman's residence in the townland of Fahy was called Greenfield. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Pierce Joyce held over 400 acres of this townland together with buildings valued at over £6. The house is labelled Greenfield on both the 1st and 25-inch Ordnance Survey maps. Some ruins survive at the site.