Abbeyville was originally a Phibbs property. McTernan states that it was leased to William Fleming after the death of William Phibbs in 1785.The original house was built in 1716 but extensively modernised afterwards. In 1814 it was the residence of William Fleming. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was being leased by James Fleming from William Phibbs and was valued at £6. In the later nineteenth century it passed out of the Fleming family. It was demolished in the later twentieth century. Leet indicates that Archibald Fleming resided at Larkfield, also close to Ballymote.