The property at Rathmore was the residence of Major McCann in 1814. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by James McDermott, a family with which it was associated for many years. It had also been recorded as his seat by Lewis in 1837. Earlier, in 1783, Taylor and Skinner recorded it as a seat of the Browne family as did Wilson in 1786. In 1906 it was owned by James McDermott. The house at Rathmore, though smaller than originally, is still extant and occupied. The gatelodge is also extant having undergone extensive renovation.