In the 1830s a "gentleman's residence" named Woodview already existed here. Slater notes it as the seat of Richard G. Daly in 1846. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Richard Eyre was leasing this property from Richard G. Daly. By 1906 this house had become part of the Pollok estate and was valued at £10. The house is still extant and occupied.