Eyrecourt Castle was originally built in the 1660s. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as "the fine seat of Lord Eyre, with ample demesnes". It is mentioned as a gentleman's seat in the Ordnance Survey Name Books in the 1830s. It was held in fee by John Eyre at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £48. A fine lithograph of the Castle appears in the Encumbered Estates schedule when the estate was offered for sale in June 1854. The castle itself is now in ruins. The fine oak staircase is now in the Detroit Institute of Arts. Substantial evidence of the demesne still remains.