Viscount Palmerston was leasing a property valued at £3 15s to Edward Parke in this townland at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It is estimated that the house now at Mount Temple was built c.1860. McTernan notes that the property was originally part of the Soden estate but was leased to the Parkes in the 1830s. They were to continue in occupation until the 1940s after which Mount Temple was acquired by the Land Commission. The house is still extant but derelict.