In 1786 Wilson refers to Ballydugan as the seat of William Burke. Rev. Michael Burke was the owner of Ballydugan at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £24. In 1906 Michael H. Burke owned the mansion house at Ballydoogan then valued at almost £27. It was burnt in 1922 but rebuilt, with modifications, in 1929. Much of the family and estate archives were destroyed in the fire of 1922. Ballydugan is still extant and occupied.