Wilson refers to "Tourow" as the seat of Mr. Dolpin in 1786. Oliver Dolphin owned Turoe at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £20. Slater refers to it as the seat of Miss Dolphin in 1894. In 1906 the mansion at Turoe was the property of Hubert Dolphin and was valued at £16. The original house is no longer extant but evidence of the stable yard and walled garden can be seen at the site, close to Turoe Pet Farm.