The house at Moat was the main residence of the Lynch Blosses in the 18th and the early 19th century. In 1786 Wilson refers to Moat, the seat of Sir Henry L. Blosse. A fire destroyed the original house in 1808. It was rebuilt and is marked on the first Ordnance Survey map as Attavally. The Lynch Blosse family were absentee landlords for most of the 19th century. In 1894 the house was recorded as the seat of Sir Henry Lynch-Blosse. Later the house became a community school run by the St Louis nuns. It is now known as Balla Secondary Schoool.