Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|Description:||The Ordnance Survey Name Books mention that Cregaclare House was built in 1802. In the 1830s it is described as having elegant gardens and a Hot House producing various types of fruit. Cregaclare House is recorded by Lewis as the seat of J.S. Lambert in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was leased by James Lambert to Lord Clanmorris and was valued at £50. Bought by Lord Clanmorris in the late 1850s, it was still his property in 1894 and 1906. Only the ruins of a basement and remains of stable yard and gateways are visible. Mausoleum located at M470118 in the ruins of old RC church. This was originally a burial place for the Bingham family (Lords Clanmorris) but those buried there were later re-interred in the grounds of the Church of Ireland, Ardrahan.|
|Poor Law Union:||Gort|
|OS Sheet Number:||114|
|OSI Grid Reference:||M472124|
|Latitude / Longitude:||
[ Google Earth ] [ Google Maps ]
[ show nearby ]