Built by Thomas Hazell for his agent. Hazell was leasing land from the Law Life Assurance Society at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when the house was valued at £6. Bought by James O'Mara (1873-1948) circa 1924, who was a Home Rule supporter and later a member of Sinn Fein. He represented South Kilkenny in the House of Commons and in the first Dáil Éireann. In 1952 the house became the home of Lieutenant Colonel and Mrs Browne Clayton. The house is now run as a hotel by the McEvilly family.