In 1814 Loughcooter was the residence of C. Vereker, MP while Lewis records it as the seat of Viscount Gort. In the 1850s it was owned by Viscount Gough and was valued at £80. In 1906 it was still in the possession of Lord Gough when the buildings were valued at £300. Lough Cutra is still extant and occupied. A restoration programme is underway since 2000 and the castle is now available as an event location. Some of the stable yard has been converted into holiday cottages. See www.loughcutra.com.