A house built before Griffith's Valuation by Deputy Commissary General Booth on land leased from the Provost and Fellows of Trinity College, Dublin. Booth later sold his interest to Lord Mountmorres who was murdered nearby in 1880. In 1885 Walford refers to it as the seat of Joseph Skerrett Blake.
It belonged to the Boyd family for much of the 20th century. Extensively renovated in the late 20th century, it is now a well maintained residence on the shore of Lough Corrib.