Built circa 1806, John Smyth occupied Doone Lodge in 1814. By the mid 19th century Doon was a Blake residence and was later used as a shooting lodge by the Guinness family. It was offered for sale in 1939 with the rest of the Guinness estate. The house was the home of the Earl of Mayo in the latter part of the 20th century. Extensively renovated in 2006 by the present owner.